You will need the following...
- Email Address
- Email Password
1. Open Microsoft Office Outlook.
2. Go to Tools > Account Settings.
3. On the Email tab, click New.
4. Select the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP option and click Next.
5. Select the checkbox manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
6. Select the Internet Email option and click Next.
7. Complete the following...
- Your Name: Enter the name you wish to see appear on your emails. This field can have capitals and spaces. Typically you enter your Name or Company Name.
- Your Email Address: Enter your email address (This should be already setup in the hosting control panel) e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server then select the POP3 option.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.cheaperdomains.com.au
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.cheaperdomains.com.au
- Username: Enter your full e-mail address. e.g. email@example.com
- Password: You will have assiged this when you created the mail box on the server.
8. Click More Settings... on the right (not next!) as we have some other things to configure.
9. Now click on the Outgoing Server tab and tick the box, My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Leave the bullet on the line below in use same settings as my incoming mail server as per the image below.
10. Now click on the Advanced tab and set the following;
On the second line where it says Use the following type of encrypted connection select SSL from the drop down box. The port number in the box just above this will jump automatically to either 995 if you are using pop or 993 if you are using IMAP.
Just below that you will see Outgoing server (SMTP), change the number in the box from 25 to 465 and select SSL from the drop down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection
Once that's done click OK down the bottom and then Next and Finish.
Congratulations your account should be setup and ready for use.