This article describes how to read a mail box using Thunderbird
You will need the following...
• Email Address
• Email Password
1. Open Thunderbird. If this is the first time you have used Thunderbird you will see a screen like the one below. (skip to step 4)
2. Click on Tools menu up the top and select Account Settings
3. Click on Account Actions in the lower left corner and select Add Mail Account...
4. A page will appear like the screenshot below. Enter your name, email address in lower case and mail box password as you created them on the server. Then click Continue.
5. When you click continue you will see a page like this. Click the button labelled Manual Config.
6. The box will expand and you will see a lot more settings.
7. Incomming Settings - (first row) Select account type as POP3. To the right enter mail.cheaperdomains.com.au as server hostname, select SSL/TLS from the SSL column and Normal Password for authentication.
8. Outgoing (SMTP) settings - On the second row enter smtp.quick.net.au as server hostname, select SSL/TLS from the SSL column and then select Normal Password for authentication.
9. Lastly in the username box be sure it has your full email address. Thunderbird will most likely only have 'email' as your username when it must be your full email address, so thats firstname.lastname@example.org in the screenshot below.
Note: Thunderbird will automatically select the correct ports when you select SSL/TLS.
10. Click done and the account will be created. Congratulations you have set your email address up in Thunderbird.
Note: If you can't find an answer to your problem click Here to open a support ticket (requires log in).