This article explains how to create additional control panel users, say where you need to give access to a web designer or IT department.
- Login to the hosting control panel "Plesk", the address is on your hosting setup instructions. It will look like https://cheaperxx.quick.net.au:8443, where xx is the server you are hosted on.
- Select 'Users' from the left hand menu.
- Select 'User roles' tab and select 'Create user role'
- Give it a name and select the desired permissions they should have.
- Click ok to save the new role.
- Go to 'User accounts' tab and 'Create a new user'. Give it a name to identify them by.
- Select 'Use an external email address' and enter an email address which will serve as their username.
- Select the "role" you created for them from the drop down list.
- Select the subscription they should have access to (warning default is ALL, so mind you set this one! if you don't want them seeing all your subscriptions)
- Generate a strong password and click show. Make a note of the password.
- Click OK and you are done.
Don't forget to give them the control panel URL, email address and password you assigned them.